Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies started a linky party to share your "to do" list for things to accomplish before the start of the school year. I know that I have a lot of things to get done; the scribbled list on the yellow legal pad on my kitchen counter is a constant reminder of that!
1) Settle on a design for my plan book. I HATE the lesson plan books you can buy in a store. It took me until November to come up with a plan I liked last year and it won't work for me this year because of changing grades and teaching multiple sections of only 2 subjects. Bummer!
2) Get my parent communication binder in order
3) Make my "no name" claim board (as seen on Pinterest!).
4) Plan lessons for math & science! I'm doing interactive notebooks for both subjects.
5) Meet my colleagues!
6) Move into my classroom!
7) Finish my "back to school" activities for the first few days. We'll be doing a split start where the first half of the alphabet comes on the 29th and the second half comes on the 30th. I won't have all of my students together until August 31st.
8) Make my Class Handbook
9) Find more time to spend poolside with my Kindle!
10) Watch the Olympics!
I have a lot more to get done than these 10 things but this is a start :-).
What do you need to get done? Join in and share!