Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Finally Jumping In!

Hello...welcome to my first attempt at a blog!  I'm a second year teacher making the move from 2nd to 5th grade and changing districts this year.  I got a lot of inspiration for teaching 2nd grade from blogs but I'm struggling to find many blogs about teaching 5th grade...or any intermediate grade for that matter!  Apparently it is more popular to blog about the primary grades!


I'd like to use my blog as a platform to share some of my ideas but also to get feedback from others.  Please feel free to comment on my posts to ask questions, give feedback, or share your own ideas.  You'll find a lot of what I talk about in my Teacher's Notebook store, http://www.teachersnotebook.com/shop/buckeyesnyder.  I'll be working hard to add more to this in the coming months.

A Little Bit About Me...

I'm a graduate of The Ohio State University and Western Governors University (feel free to contact me with questions about WGU...a wonderful graduate program!).  I'm teaching 5th grade math and science in a fairly large district in central Ohio after making the move from a smaller district.  Because each group of students is different, I don't believe in using only materials that someone else has created; I think I should pick and choose in addition to modifying existing and creating my own materials.  These are the types of things you'll find in my Teacher's Notebook shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment