Sunday, August 5, 2012

What's Going On?

I'm joining up with Oh' Boy 4th Grade for her "Currently in August" linky.  

Busy!

I keep seeing a lot of bloggers saying they start back with kids this week!  Crazy!  One of my friends starts with staff workdays this Friday.  Teachers in my home district start back next week and then kids come the week after.  I have my new staff orientation the 3rd week of August and then don't start with kids until the following week.  


This week is "fair week."  I grew up in 4-H.  I was in the 4-H Band, was the president of the Food & Fashion Board, and did cooking projects.  I never showed animals but the fair was always the culmination of the busy 4-H summer.  Even though I'm not directly involved in 4-H anymore, I still enjoy spending time at the fair watching 4-H Band concerts, animal shows, browsing the 4-H Center, and of course, eating!  I don't anticipate doing a lot for school this week because of the fair.  If I get the "magic" email saying I can get into my room, I'll probably spend a couple of days working at school.


I've been trying to work on some curriculum related things for school but I feel like I'm stuck.  I have copies of the curriculum maps but they're not very detailed; it's proving to be frustrating as I've never taught 5th grade before.  I need to talk to my colleagues before I'm really able to continue with much more.  In the mean time, I'm focusing on organizational types of tasks.

So when do you start back with kids?  What are you working on?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment